I came across this conference announcement and have posted the text, below, unedited from the conference organizers.
International Conference on Heritage Management Education and Practice: Exploring Connections across Disciplines and Stakeholders
29 – 31 July 2017
The discourses and practices on ‘heritage’ are significantly broadened in recent decades, leading towards the holistic understanding of heritage idea and the emerging approaches of heritage management, than just the mere documentation and preservation of heritage. We are at a promising juncture where heritage is no longer confined only to history or material or monuments or unique artifacts, but it is equally about livelihoods, sustainability, social development, innovation, and so on. There is further more opportunities of cross-disciplinary research and practice tools that may be relevant to making sense of rich and diverse heritage that we have. Yet, there are much more that we have to learn and master, which is possible only through dialogues, discussion, debates, and sharing of lessons from different contexts. It is in this context that Ahmedabad University announces the first edition of its annual heritage management conference.
The conference shall be a good platform for educational institutions on heritage studies and heritage management, organizations working on different heritage sectors, agencies supporting the cause of heritage research and management, heritage related entrepreneurs, academicians and researchers concerned with the field of heritage, students with interest in heritage, individuals working in different capacities in the heritage sector, government departments and urban local bodies which have to deal with heritage in their frameworks, and anyone with interest or engagement with any aspects of heritage.
Abstracts for papers or posters are invited to be featured in this 3 days international conference. There is no limitation in the number of abstracts an individual or an organization may submit. The abstracts need to consider the following aspects:
- A crisp title of the paper/presentation or poster,
- 5 key words
- An abstract of maximum 300 words,
- Author(s) information: full name, designation, affiliation, physical address (including city and country), email address and phone number.
Abstracts can be submitted as word or pdf document to the conference email firstname.lastname@example.org or using the form on the web site.
Selected papers will be considered for publication in the Journal of Heritage Management. Authors considering this option are required to submit the full paper (after abstract acceptance is confirmed) by the given deadline. Full paper need to confirm to the submission guidelines as specified for the journal (please see the journal website: http://hmj.sagepub.com)
Entrepreneurs and Organizations who wish to exhibit a poster or their work may request for exhibition space or a sponsored exhibition.
- Abstract Submission Deadline: January 15, 2017
- Results notification of Abstracts (following a review by the scientific committee): February 15, 2017
- Deadline for submitting full papers ( for accepted abstracts, and if considering for the publication in the journal of Heritage Management): May 15, 2017
- Early-bird registration & Presenters’ Registration: February 1 – March 31 2017
- Regular Registration: April 1 – May 31 2017
- Late registration: June 1 – 30, 2017
- On-site registration is not available.
- Email for submitting abstracts: email@example.com, and online link for abstract submission form available below.
More details are available at http://chm.ahduni.edu.in/academics/conferences/